Looking for inspirational quotes about life? If so, you are at the right place.
Successful people know that the greatest difficulty in life often leads to the greatest reward. When the going gets tough, a few words of wisdom from those who made it can be the motivating factor that you need to carry on and accomplish remarkable things. Let these 31 inspirational quotes about life help you to achieve the impossible today!
Inspirational Quotes About Life
1. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller
Though she was blind and deaf, Helen Keller became an influential force for social consciousness and a motivational speaker during her lifetime.
2. The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. ~Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi never let defeat rattle him when he was a head coach in the NFL. He lost games, but never a season!
3. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. ~Charles Swindoll
A severe stutter did nothing to deter this prominent pastor from speaking his truth.
4. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. ~Tony Robbins
Famous motivational speaker Tony Robbins was born into an abusive home. At 17, he left home to change his life and ended up changing the lives of millions of other people, too!
5. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
The founder of Buddhism advocated balance and insight in all things. Millions of practitioners still follow his teachings today.
6. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~Martin Luther King Jr.
Neither jail nor death threats could stop Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from righting the injustice of the racially segregated American South. Though he gave his life for his beliefs, his cause triumphed and his legacy is still celebrated in the U.S.
7. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~Gandhi
In the midst of an angry, reactionary world, Gandhi stood out as a calm, peaceful man. His nonviolent activism allowed India to achieve its independence from Great Britain without resorting to civil war.
8. Tough times never last, but tough people do.” ~Dr. Robert Schuller
Pastor Robert Schuller’s belief in “meeting needs before touting creeds” has reached the hearts of millions of his listeners.
9. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” ~Charles Kettering
We can credit Charles Kettering’s work ethic and determination for the electrical starting motor and air conditioning.
10. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
Wise words from the inventor of the assembly line! Henry Ford’s automobiles were some of the first made for the public. They were so successful that classic model T Fords still run today.
11. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~Ayn Rand
Though English was her second language, Ayn Rand wrote two huge novels, “The Fountainhead” and “Atlas Shrugged,” to tell the world about her philosophies of individualism and hard work.
12. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Emerson was a poet and lecturer whose belief in the power of individual creativity help spark a religious and philosophical revolution during the 19th century.
13. If you can dream it, you can achieve it. ~Zig Ziglar
Distinguishing himself from among his eleven siblings was quite a trick, but Zig Ziglar did – and rose to become vice president of the Automotive Performance Company!
14. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. ~Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein knew something about value. Our entire understanding of modern physics is possible because of his groundbreaking equation: e=mc2!
15. Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill
During World War II, the Nazis expected to take Great Britain easily by bombing London. They hadn’t counted on Winston Churchill! Thanks to his stubbornness and ability to inspire the British people, London never fell.
16. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. ~Dalai Lama
A reincarnated sage and teacher, the Dalai Lama devotes his life to sharing his wisdom with others.