It’s a vast world out there and space mysteries are there to prove it.
For centuries, man has marveled at the wonders of the universe and wondered what lies in and around it. Advancements in technology have enabled us to get a glimpses of the wonders of the universe and only realize how small we are in the grand scheme of things.
Mind-Boggling Space Mysteries Photos
Sample these 25 pictures that will only deepen your curiosity on space mysteries and wonder what the hell is really out there.
1. This is where we all live, our Earth.
2. This the solar system, our “neighborhood”.
3. This is the scaled distance between Earth and Moon. Did you think the moon was farther?
4. What if I told you that you could fit every planet of our solar system between Earth and moon?
5. If you still don’t have a measure of how tiny we are, here is North America compared to Jupiter.
6. You could line up SIX Earths on the Saturn’s rings.
7. And here is how our sky would look like if Earth had rings like Saturn.
8. This is a comet, compared to Los Angeles. Big, isn’t it?
9. If that was big, here is the sun. We are that tiny little point down there.
10. And here is what we look like from the moon.
11. And from Mars.
12. From Saturn.
13. And from Neptune, 4 billion miles away.
14. But let’s look again at what we look like compared to the sun. It blows my mind every time.
15. That little dot is the sun, seen from Mars.
16. Did you know that there are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth?
17. And between all these stars, many are much bigger than our sun. Take a look at what it looks compared to VY Canis Majoris.
18. And galaxies are incredibly bigger. Just so you understand: if the sun was a blood cell, the Milky Way would be as big as the United States!
19. The Milky Way is enormous. Here is where we are inside it.
20. Thinking that all the stars we can see at night are just part of this yellow circle is mind blowing.
21. But don’t you ever think the Milky Way is the biggest galaxy in space. Here it is compared to Ic 1011!
22. This is a picture taken from the Hubble telescope. In just this space there are millions of galaxies, each and everyone of them containing million of stars, each with planets orbiting around them.
23. This is one of these galaxies, UDF 423. It’s 10 billion light years away. Do you know what this means? Its light takes 10 billion years to reach the Earth. Basically, by looking at this galaxy you are looking 10 billion years into the past!
24. Keep in mind that every single inch of your vision of the night sky contains billions of galaxies, stars, planets.
25. But it’s not all roses out there. Here is a black hole compared to our orbit. A black hole is a region of spacetime where gravity is so strong that no particle or light ray entering that region can ever escape from it.